Photobucket

quote of note
“The nature of a paradigm is such that it cannot change unless it is replaced" - Sarah Sumner
nehemiah project
Photobucket

from my library
online biblical study resources
worthy endeavors
Monday, April 14, 2008
An Apple Man

It is true. I have made the switch. I am an Apple man. My wife and I bought our first Macbook last week. It is really cool. I have wanted to switch for a while now, but I was afraid. Yeah, thats right, afraid. Afraid that the Mac universe would be too difficult to navigate; that I wasn't "creative" enough to own a Mac; that I need to drive a Jetta and drink Starbucks. To be frank, I had this sneaky suspicion that all the hype I had heard about the Mac was just that hype. Hype stirred up by a clever Ad agency that thrived on getting people to believe that it is "cool" to own a Mac. I wasn't convinced that it would be a better computer with a better operating system.


Well, I have had the Mac for a week now, so I have held my judgment so that I could play with it. Let me say, I was wrong. Very wrong. Now you PC users are going to say that I have to say this so that I can justify the purchase. I already took one computer back and I am not afraid to do it again. I was wrong because the hype is real. This is by far the most useful and user friendly computer that I have owned. And guess what, I have not recieved a program error message yet. I recieve about 5 a day with my PC which is running Windows.


So, I am stating out loud in front of the Computer Universe that I have switched sides. I am an Apple Man, and this will be the first of many Apples I will own. If you have been wondering about the Mac, test it out. It will make a believer of you.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Unknown @ 3:40 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 4/15/2008 12:09 AM, Blogger Miles said…

    can't say that I'm not jealous over here....

     
  • At 4/15/2008 12:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    how do you like them apples?

     
  • At 4/15/2008 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Josh, you need one of these. You could do some "wicked" recording with a Macbook Pro. Did I just say "wicked"? What am I from Boston?

     
  • At 4/15/2008 9:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeah Sis, I like them apples alot.

     
  • At 6/21/2008 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi. This is a totally unexpected encounter. I am a friend of the pastor who is about to take over Mt. Moriah Wesleyan church in Candler. I stumbled upon your blog while trying to find info about this church. Anyway .. my husband & I also just bought a mac notebook .. after many years of PC for the same reasons it seems you did. I am wondering if you have decided to use an antivirus program or not. The Apple folks say no, but others say it is needed. Thanks for any advice you can offer. Our Mac is on the way. We've yet to see it. I am going to email this blog site address to my pastor buddy. I think you two would click very well. Interesting.
    Barb

     
  • At 6/23/2008 10:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Barb,
    I would like to talk to your friend that is about to take over Mt. Moriah. I might have some thoughts that will help him.

    BTW, from what I hear, the Macbook doesn't need antivirus. Supposedly, they don't get viruses.

     
  • At 6/24/2008 3:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've heard both about the Mac ... that they do and don't get infected. So far so good with your Macbook, I guess.

    I did send the blog address to my friend, Jim, but did not hear back. He is in the process of moving now, so maybe he is not connected. Is there a number or direct email address I can pass on to him?

    I hope that your time at Mt Moriah was good. Jim is a wonderful guy and he's had a tough go of it lately ... lost his dad to a sudden heart attack recently and other difficult life events. I am hoping that this position will be a blessing. He is from NC, so it is like going home for him and his family. I hope that your thoughts would be positive ones. You can email me directly
    bsand74@gmail.com.
    Barb

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ben thomas
Photobucket

previous thoughts
links
blogs I read
archives
stuff