Photobucket

quote of note
“The nature of a paradigm is such that it cannot change unless it is replaced" - Sarah Sumner
nehemiah project
Photobucket

from my library
online biblical study resources
worthy endeavors
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Impromptu Prayer
God, creator of all things, thank you. Thank you for who you are, for your immeasurable goodness; for your unending patience; for your inviting grace. I do not deserve to speak your name, yet you call me to be closer than the dearest friend. I know myself and the things that distract me, the sins that entangle me, and the desires that are misleading. I recognize that every day I must give these things to you, putting to death the "me" that is not really me at all. Giving up to you so that I can truly be me; the me you intended from before my birth. But it is difficult. Sin surrounds me at times. Different stories of how to live life compete with your story of grace and love. I pray "your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven" and I know that will begin in me, so that I can be a part of it happening cosmically. You are remaking me and all of creation, "reconciling all things through Jesus Christ". Yet the daily reconcile in my life at times feels like torture. Help me to rest in your love as I stand in the purifying fire.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Unknown @ 8:10 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ben thomas
Photobucket

previous thoughts
links
blogs I read
archives
stuff