Photobucket

quote of note
“The nature of a paradigm is such that it cannot change unless it is replaced" - Sarah Sumner
nehemiah project
Photobucket

from my library
online biblical study resources
worthy endeavors
Friday, February 16, 2007
random thoughts...
Does every post have to have a point? I hope not...for I am not sure what I am writing about as I begin the act of writing.

It is freaking cold here! It was -5 degrees this morning as I woke. Yeah that is right, -5. I am insanely jealous of my friends that live in warm weather climates. Oh well, I guess I will get back at them when it is 205 degrees there in the summer. But quite frankly, hot weather sounds great at this point. Oh well, if I can just make it to Tuesday I hear it will be 42 degrees that day.
I don't know if it is the winter weather, the dreary skies, or the total absence of the sun, but I have been a little blah lately. Maybe I should get one of those lights that simulate the sun.

I have been diving back into some N.T. Wright stuff. I have been listening to his lectures (all available here), and wanting to get into some written material. I am teaching a brief seminar on the New Testament in April. I haven't taught an introduction to the N.T. before, so I am excited about it. The crazy thing is, as most of you probably know, the more you learn the more you see that you don't know much. I have to fit this seminar into three hours. It is kind of crazy, and I don't know if I can do it well.

I don't want to get in a rut. I can do that sometimes, and I feel like I might be leaning over the edge of one. I don't know what it is, but I can just "float" along sometimes, not seeming to have any direction. I need things like teaching, goals, challenges, because if I don't have them, I can just exist. This is not good for me, my wife, or my son. I don't get things done, and am without much energy. Tif is great to recognize this, but she can't do anything unless I let her. So, maybe verbalizing it is the first step.

I have been thinking about Greek lately ... mainly about studying biblical Greek again on a steady basis. I haven't kept up with it as I should have since seminary, but need to reapply myself.

Like I said, random thoughts.
posted by Unknown @ 8:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ben thomas
Photobucket

previous thoughts
links
blogs I read
archives
stuff