Photobucket

quote of note
“The nature of a paradigm is such that it cannot change unless it is replaced" - Sarah Sumner
nehemiah project
Photobucket

from my library
online biblical study resources
worthy endeavors
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
The Temptation of Jesus

Just read Luke 4:1-13 which is the account of Jesus being tempted by Satan. I don't know why I haven't before, but I just began to compare the temptation of Jesus to the Temptation of Adam and Eve. Although, obviously, Satan tempted Jesus with many more things, mainly because he would not give in, it seems to me that at the heart of each story is the same temptation: the temptation to take control of the situation (be like God) and not trust in God. 

It seems to me that the heart of all sin is not trusting in God and trying to control our own lives. Are we going to further Adam's mistake, or follow the example of Jesus? 

Labels: , ,

posted by Unknown @ 7:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ben thomas
Photobucket

previous thoughts
links
blogs I read
archives
stuff