Photobucket

quote of note
“The nature of a paradigm is such that it cannot change unless it is replaced" - Sarah Sumner
nehemiah project
Photobucket

from my library
online biblical study resources
worthy endeavors
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Nature as a witness

I have been spending the last view days in Arizona; specifically in the Sedona, Flagstaff, and Grand Canyon areas. As we have traveled through these areas, I wonder again, how can anyone look at these beautiful scenes that we see in nature and not believe there is a creator?

While we were in Sedona we visited the Chapel of the Holy Cross. It is a Roman Catholic Chapel built in the Red Rocks. It is pictured to the right. The chapel overlooks one of the most magnificent views I have ever seen. As a pastor, I jokingly told my wife that If I pastored the Chapel of the Holy Cross I would not need to ever preach, I would just say, "Everyone look outside....Amen!"

Joking aside, nature preaches to the presence of a loving and holy God. I am more and more convinced of this as I travel the scenic routes of Arizona.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Unknown @ 9:13 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4/01/2009 7:44 PM, Blogger Fargo Levy said…

    Nature, is a funny thing, huh? I am mulling over how might, and to what extent, does "nature" (as created by the creator) display for man, the "natural order" of things? To ask it another way, Is there anything displayed within nature(God's creation)that give us clues as to how we (man) are to engage and interact with the physical creation, each other, as well as the spiritual relm? I have some thoughts that I am formulating, but maybe the question is to obtuse for a discussion. I am intentionally leaving my ideas out at this point, just to see which direction you (or others) might take it first. I would think the responses could be vast, based on each indiviual s experience. Or just ignore it and "Walk On" {See I can do it too, tie in a U2 reference}

    Nice picture though!

     
  • At 4/04/2009 10:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Fargo,
    I think there are a number of displays within nature that point to a loving creator. The beautiful and delicate structure of a spider's web; the complex and yet simple routine of a swarm of honey bees. And that is just insects.

    As for your comments on recognizing the divine order within nature, I think we can, and yet maybe not always in the way we might think. For example, we sometimes see God's intention for his creation through its present disorderly state. I will leave that for your thoughts.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ben thomas
Photobucket

previous thoughts
links
blogs I read
archives
stuff